07 June 2013

Pardon my rant.....

Who’s driving…


Pardon My Rant, but…  who is driving the cars out there today?  I know it isn’t the people sitting behind their steering wheels.  Screw Gun Control, let’s exercise Driver Control!  Everybody is so concerned about the dangers of my guns or the multitudes of drunk drivers, but nobody seems to be talking about the risks posed by the masses of stupid people with (and sometimes without) driver’s licenses.


Just today, I counted twenty-eight ‘drivers’ actively engaged in tasks that were NOT driving.  In a thirty+ minute drive, that is just under one driver per minute that I personally witnessed aiming two ton bullets at anything near them.  Frankly, I’m disgusted by the drivers I see on the roads during those trips.  I’m fed up with texters.  I’m tired of left-lane sitters.  I’m enraged by merge lane cutters.  The rules of the roads are simple.  Pay attention, be courteous, and follow them.  If you can’t, then stay off the roads.


My recommendation is that any driver caught texting/applying makeup/doing touchdown celebrations/cutting into merge lanes/sending emails/driving in the left lane two miles under the speed limit/reading newspapers/tossing cigarette butts/watching movies/eating five-course meals/or any other general act of idiocy should be required to stand out on the middle stripe of a busy two-lane road to take their chances with their fellow distracted and dumb drivers. 


So…  if you have to talk, then buy a Bluetooth device and CALL.


If you are bored, buy a sports car.




If you missed your daily comics, read them at work.


And…  if you wear a lot of makeup, DON’T.




Let’s hear your rant on Distracted Drivers.



No comments: